ADV.09 Advanced Botanicals
On their own as single ingredients or artfully blended with other herbs and with Camellia sinensis leaves, botanicals – or herbs – bring a rich variety of flavors and benefits to tea products and are an important ingredient in the world of tea. This class is a comprehensive exploration of the extensive world of botanicals, creating clarity and understanding with concise definitions and in-depth explanations at every level.
By the end of this class you will be able to:
- Identify stages of processing in herbal products manufacture.
- Assess the major factors in herb quality and how to test them.
- Describe the basic strategy for creating herbal blends.
- Name the top 14 herbal ‘tea’ ingredients.
- Discuss the issues related to safety, regulation and labeling of herbs.
YOU WILL RECEIVE: 5 herbal teas
3 weeks (plus one week grace period to submit assignments and complete any tests.)
- Lectures 4
- Questions 0
- Duration 0 h (approx)
August 2018 class: Registration runs June 26 through July 30. Session is open August 6 through September 2.