ADV.13 Art of Flavoring, Blending, Scenting Tea Part 1
ADV.13: The Art of Flavoring, Blending and Scenting Part 1 is the first in a two-class series. This class will have universal appeal to almost everyone in the tea trade who engages in the creation of enhanced teas - from tea shop owners and branded companies to wholesalers, importers and even tea growers. This first class presents a detailed guide from ideation and concept testing to classic and newer techniques for tea blend creations. While there are assignments each week in this class, the second class is focused on benchwork and application of the key principles introduced in Part 1.
You will need to use your own cupping set, thermometer, scale and timer as well as two teas for the class.
NOTE: ADV.11 is a pre-requisite for this class. You must have taken ADV.11 Blending, Flavoring, Scenting before taking this class.
- Welcome to Your Class
- Course Author Brian Keating
- Overview of Course
- Your Instructors
- Why Flavor, Blend, and Scent Tea
- The Marketplace for Tea Blends
- Skill Set and Education Needed for Flavoring, Blending, Scenting Teas
- Practical Considerations: Blending for Commerce
- Art and Science: Combined Approaches to Successfully Blending Tea
- Establishing Project and Product Goals
- Market Research - Techniques and Tools
- Assessing Your Prototypes
- Assignment 1.1
- Assignment 1.2
- Assignment 1.3
- Discussion Week 1
- The Basics: Flavored, Blended and Scented Teas
- Signature Tea Blends
- Setting and Maintaining Tea Quality Standards
- Classic Tea Blends
- Assignment 2.1
- Discussion Week 2
- Case Study: Breakfast Tea Blends
- Formulating and Producing World Class Breakfast Blends
- Formulating and Producing Loose Leaf Blends
- Formulating and Producing Tea Bag Blends
- Formulating and Producing RTD Tea Blends
- Looking Ahead: ADV.14 Flavoring, Blending, Scenting Part 2
- Assignment 3.1
- Discussion Week 3
ADV.11 Blending, Flavoring, Scenting
We offer this class in January, May and September in 2019.
See schedule for registration and start dates.
Very informative and interesting lecture notes.
JudiSep 26, 2018