ADV.07 Quality Systems for Product Management
You are launching a new tea product, “Wake the Dead Breakfast Blend” with hopes of getting distribution and having your product offered in retail stores throughout the US, and then the world! You have developed the blend, optimized the flavor, color and aroma and positive feedback is rolling in. You are ready to start producing your product, or you are ready to have someone else produce the product to your specifications. What is required for regulatory approval to sell your product and how can you ensure that your product continues to perform well as your volume grows and as your supply chain evolves? What will be required by your customers as your product enters distribution centers and larger retailers? The short answer is an established quality assurance program.
By taking this class you will know:
• What is required for regulatory approval to sell your product
• How can you ensure that your product continues to perform well as your volume grows and as your supply chain evolves.
• What will be required by your customers as your product enters distribution centers and larger retailers.
No Class Kit Purchase Required and no additional materials needed
3 weeks (plus one week grace period to submit assignments and complete any tests.)
- Welcome to Your Class
- Course Author: Tony Tellin
- Quality Systems for Product Management
- Part One: Defining the Product Profile and Key Attributes
- Part Two: Conducting a Hazard Analysis
- Part Three: Establishing a Process Flow
- Part Four: Creating a Hazard Analysis Table
- Part Five: Creating a Control Point Table
- Part Six: Determining the Ingredient Statement and Labeling Requirements
- ADV.07 Instructor Assignment 1.1
- Week 1 Quiz Instructions
- End of Week 1 Quiz
- Part One: Raw Material and Finished Product Specification Sheets
- Part Two: Formulation and Retention/Representative Sampling
- Part Three: Evaluation of New Materials
- Part Four: Quality Control Program
- Part Five: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Program
- Part Six: Customer Complaint Platform and Documentation
- Part Seven: Documentation
- ADV.07Instructor Assignment 2.1
- Week 2 Quiz Instructions
- End of Week 2 Quiz
- Part One: Disposition Programs
- Part Two: WIP, Rework and Disposal Programs
- Part Three: Other Supportive Procedures and Documentation
- Course Conclusion and Reminders
- Final Exam
See Class Schedule Page for registration and start dates.
KimberlyApr 13, 2023
Very information heavy, but good info and helpful to the quality assurances of tea,
NatalieJun 21, 2021
HulyaFeb 28, 2021
AlanAug 26, 2020
This course made me really think about all that goes into the creation of a tea business. I was glad for the opportunity to research and learn more about how things are done in my country in order to compare with the class materials. Very interesting.
Maria InêsAug 22, 2020
This course was very helpful in putting the process of setting up and defining the details of a business into order.
JoanAug 21, 2020
NatalieAug 20, 2020
This class was very informative with excellent exercises.
LoriApr 16, 2020
I have a tea shop in Japan and realized the differences in the U.S. and the importance of quality systems.
MiwaApr 13, 2020
This information will be very useful to me as I am a production Manager for a small tea company.
BrendaJun 02, 2019
This class was very very informative and challenging, especially the final exam. With that said, it was definitely worth the money!
EstherMay 26, 2019
A good in depth quality assurance class
DoniJul 27, 2018
An eye-opening course regarding many of the regulations which a tea business must commit to before blending, labeling or even opening an on-line shop.
GeorgiaJul 22, 2018
I learned many key regulatory points in what I would need to start my own business. Very informative!
CarrieJul 16, 2018
Loved it! Important legal info, thank you!
JoanneJul 15, 2018
Excellent course for those wishing to selling tea. Contributes even more of an appreciation of what goes into even a sample bag of tea.
CynthiaJul 12, 2018
Very helpful course for running our small online tea business
JamesMar 04, 2018
This course is extremely helpful for whoever want to establish a Tea related business.
ChristianMar 03, 2018
Very valuable information for any entrepreneur desiring to establish a tea business. There are so many small tea companies who are not following regulations which can ultimately harm the consumer.
PatriciaFeb 20, 2018
Interesting research assignments - I would recommend students plan ahead to give themselves enough time to do the assignments.
Joseph S.May 03, 2017
DavidMay 01, 2016
Excellent detailed information & resources that I'm sure to refer to in the future!
SofiaMay 01, 2016
Was wonderful! Explained what could be very complex concepts into digestible and coherent material. Thanks!
LaurenApr 28, 2016
Hi Donna, this course was extremely useful in letting me know what all must go into setting up a tea business - it's not all artistry and cupping and requires very organized processes and knowledge of laws, compliance, regulations, etc. So glad I had the chance to learn more about this side of it! The comment I have for the class is that I think this class would benefit from lectures from the instructors in videos. The material was complex and difficult for me as a beginner to follow - the differences in HACCP tables and control point tables, in disposition and disposal plans, etc, might have been more clear if a teacher talked them out and explained them in video with examples. I really liked the use of video in the other courses I've taken. Thanks so much for another great class!
AshleyApr 26, 2016
Great information, I enjoyed the course.
KarriSep 28, 2015
Very intersting module - would be great to see some real life examples of tea brands and how they follow this?
AndrewSep 27, 2015