ADV.05 Presentation and Advanced Brewing Techniques
Great tea service does not build itself. Counter staffers are not intuitive brewers by accident and customers are not knowledgeable or self-aware about options. A truly dynamic, mindful and sustainable tea program, for any operation, takes work, investment and patience. Yet it is achievable and is seen in quality-driven teahouses, cafes, restaurants and hotels across the country. In this three week class we will look at the variables that separate an average tea program from an excellent tea program and learn the skills required to develop and implement first rate tea service.
By the end of this class you will be able to:
- Evaluate considerations for developing an iced tea program.
- Describe the differences between various brewing styles for iced tea and their application.
- Identify concrete variables that separate an average tea program from an excellent tea program.
- State why weighing tea versus scooping tea makes a difference in consistent service.
- Describe suggested serving amounts for varying popular teas and tea wares.
You Will Receive: 5 Teas and 3 Easy Pour Brewers for the course
3 weeks (plus one week grace period to submit assignments and complete any tests.)
- Lectures 4
- Questions 0
- Duration 0 h (approx)
- Advanced Presentation and Brewing Techniques
- Your Instructors
- Better Loose Leaf Brewing
- Part Two: What Great Tea Looks Like
- ADV.05 Assignment 1.1
- Week 1 Classroom Assignment
- Better Iced Tea Brewing
- Part Two: Considerations for an Iced Tea Program
- Part Three: Brewing Loose Leaf Iced Tea
- ADV.05 Assignment 2.1a
- ADV.05 Assignment 2.1b
- ADV.05 Assignment 2.2
- ADV.05 Assignment 2.3
- Modern Meets Traditional Brewing
- Part Two: Working with Gaiwan and Kyusu
- ADV.05 Assignment 3.1
- ADV.05 Assignment 3.2
- ADV.05 Assignment 3.3
- Week 3 Classroom Assignment
May 2018 class: Registration runs March 26 through April 30. Session is open May 7 through June 3.
September 2018 class: Registration runs July 31 through August 27. Session is open September 3 through September 30.