ADV.14 Art of Flavoring, Blending, Scenting Tea Part 2
ADV.14 is part 2 of the Art of Flavoring, Blending and Scenting Tea. Week One explores the art of scenting and describes the 4 primary techniques. It also offers key points for success with scenting. Week Two is an in-depth look at the two types of flavorings – wet and dry and how to use them. The focus of all three weeks though, is really the very hands-on assignments. They are designed to illustrate all the information presented in this two-part class and give you the opportunity to take the dive into the art and science of Flavoring, Blending and Scenting. And don’t fail to listen to the recordings by Bruce Richardson and Gilbert Kendzior and read the notes from Scott Svihula. They have many decades of experience blending teas and have generously made their wisdom available to World Tea Academy students. The course author is Scott Svihula. Click here to read his bio.
By taking this class you will know:
• The four primary techniques for scenting teas.
• The different forms and applications of liquid and dry flavorings.
• How to use soluble and insoluble dry flavorings in blended teas.
• How to find sources for flavorings and flavoring consultants.
• How to evaluate and analyze existing tea blends.
• The history and evolution of classic and traditional tea blends.
Shipped Class Materials: Dry flavorings, teas, and spices. Please note: All supplies for all classes are shipped out once a month after registration has closed. Your materials will arrive about 7 to 10 days after your class starts. They are not needed for assignments in the first week of class
You will need to provide: At least two cupping sets, 1 or 2 unflavored, unscented single origin tea(s) of your own (about 2 ounces total), scale, timer, spoon, a small amount of your own dry sweetener, 1 bottle of a dessert spice, 1 small plastic container with lid. Optional: chai spices in addition to the ginger root, cardamom, clove and cinnamon that you will receive, gloves, masks, safety goggles, strainer.
NOTE: ADV.13 is a pre-requisite for this class. You must have taken ADV.13 Art of Flavoring, Blending, Scenting Tea part 1
Please note: Due to strict regulations and enforcement policies by Mexican customs officials, we are unable to ship packages to addresses in Mexico.
- Welcome to your Class
- Course Author Scott Svihula
- Your Instructors
- Part One Introduction to Scenting Teas
- Part Two: Four Primary Techniques to Scent Teas
- General Scenting Material-to-a-Tea Ratios
- Get Creative with Your Scented Teas
- Key Points for Success with Scenting for Tea Bags, Bulk Tea and RTDs
- Assignment 1.1
- Assignment 1.2
- Part One: Flavoring Agents for Tea Blends
- Part Two: Words of Advice
- Assignment 2.1
- Assignment 2.2
- Assignment 2.3
- Assignment 2.4
- Assignment 2.5
- Art of Flavoring, Blending, Scenting Teas Conclusion
- Assignment 3.1
- Assignment 3.2
- Assignment 3.3
- Assignment 3.4
We offer this class in March, July, and November.
See schedule for registration and start dates.
TerriJun 23, 2019