ADV.14 Art of Flavoring, Blending, Scenting Tea Part 2
ADV.14 is part 2 of the Art of Flavoring, Blending and Scenting Tea. Week One explores the art of scenting and describes the 4 primary techniques. It also offers key points for success with scenting. Week Two is an in-depth look at the two types of flavorings – wet and dry and how to use them. The focus of all three weeks though, is really the very hands-on assignments. They are designed to illustrate all the information presented in this two-part class and give you the opportunity to take the dive into the art and science of Flavoring, Blending and Scenting. And don’t fail to listen to the recordings by Bruce Richardson and Gilbert Kendzior and read the notes from Scott Svihula. They have many decades of experience blending teas and have generously made their wisdom available to World Tea Academy students. The course author is Scott Svihula. Click here to read his bio.
By taking this class you will know:
• The four primary techniques for scenting teas.
• The different forms and applications of liquid and dry flavorings.
• How to use soluble and insoluble dry flavorings in blended teas.
• How to find sources for flavorings and flavoring consultants.
• How to evaluate and analyze existing tea blends.
• The history and evolution of classic and traditional tea blends.
You will need to order your class kit no later than close of registration:
• Required class kits are not included in your purchase for your course
• Class kits need to be ordered from Elmwood Inn Fine Teas
• Go to Elmwood Inn’s World Tea Academy page to purchase kit* (You need to order your kit no later than one week before your class starts to ensure that you receive it in time.)
Please Note: International students that plan on taking more than one course with World Tea Academy will save money on the shipping costs of their class kits if they order multiple kits at a time.
Students will need to supply the following additional materials BEFORE the class starts. These are not included in the class kit:
• Two professional cupping sets
• An instant read thermometer
• A digital gram scale
• A timer
• 1 or 2 unflavored, unscented single origin tea(s) of your own (about 2 ounces totals)
• A spoon
• A small amount of your own dry sweetener
• 1 bottle of a dessert spice
• 1 small plastic container with lid
• Gloves, masks, and safety goggles
NOTE: ADV.13 is a pre-requisite for this class. You must have taken ADV.13 Art of Flavoring, Blending, Scenting Tea part 1
*Disclaimer: Elmwood Inn Fine Teas is not part of World Tea Academy/Questex LLC nor is it affiliated World Tea Academy/Questex LLC. World Tea Academy/Questex LLC has partnered with Elmwood Inn Fine Teas only to provide the class kits for our courses.
- Welcome to your Class
- Course Author Scott Svihula
- Part One Introduction to Scenting Teas
- Part Two: Four Primary Techniques to Scent Teas
- General Scenting Material-to-a-Tea Ratios
- Get Creative with Your Scented Teas
- Key Points for Success with Scenting for Tea Bags, Bulk Tea and RTDs
- Assignment 1.1
- Assignment 1.2
- Part One: Flavoring Agents for Tea Blends
- Part Two: Words of Advice
- Assignment 2.1
- Assignment 2.2
- Assignment 2.3
- Assignment 2.4
- Assignment 2.5
- Art of Flavoring, Blending, Scenting Teas Conclusion
- Assignment 3.1
- Assignment 3.2
- Assignment 3.3
- Assignment 3.4
ADV.13 is a Prerequisite for this class.
We offer this class in January, May and September 2021.
See Class Schedule Page for registration and start dates.
I am so glad you warned us at the last class to not get behind. The assignments were time intensive! But so much fun. This was a great class. I can't imagine how it could be improved. I appreciate all the left over flavors so the fun can continue.
LoriJul 20, 2020
TaraMar 18, 2020
TerriJun 23, 2019